Job Title: Events Coordinator (Farmers Market)
Reports to: Directly reports to the Farmers Market Manager.;
Employment Type: Full-Time Position, with a flexible schedule accommodating Saturday work.
Work Environment: This role requires on-site presence; remote or virtual work options are very limited.
Compensation: Salary details available upon request; includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Downtown Bentonville Incorporated is a dynamic non-profit organization known for producing large community events. We are committed to enhancing the Downtown Bentonville experience for everyone.
Downtown Bentonville Incorporated is seeking a dynamic and creative Farmers Market Assistant to help bring our Farmers Market events to life.
In this role, you'll have the exciting task of planning and executing special activations, coordinating music, and contributing to the success of our diverse farmers market events, including the Saturday, Thursday, Virtual, and Indoor Farmers Markets. While this role is primarily Farmers Market focused, there will be job responsibilities outside of the Farmers Market as needed.
If you're passionate about promoting local agriculture, creating engaging community experiences that fit our market “vibe” and have a flair for event management, this is your chance to join our team and make an impact on the future of our downtown.
- Uphold honesty and integrity.
- Keep a consistent, primarily in-office work schedule with punctuality.
- Efficiently fulfill job duties within set timeframes.
- Communicate effectively with team members for successful event execution.
- Maintain a positive work attitude and initiate new projects and ideas.
- Always be professional with vendors, customers, colleagues, and the public.
This is a list of primary responsibilities but is not exhaustive. The Events Coordinator (Farmers Market) must be flexible and is required to assist with other DBI events as needed.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and executing various activities and special activations for all farmers markets.
- Coordinate with local musicians and entertainers for live performances, ensuring a diverse and engaging lineup.
- Work closely with the Farmers Market Manager to develop event themes and execute them effectively.
- Facilitate communication and coordination with vendors, community partners, and stakeholders.
- Oversee setup and breakdown of market events, ensuring all activities comply with safety regulations.
- Engage with the community and market attendees to create a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere.
- Guide our communication and promotion efforts for the farmers market.
- Collect feedback from vendors and attendees to continually improve the market experience.
- Manage inventory of market supplies and equipment.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed, including vendor application approval, invoice and booth fee processing, and record keeping.
- Assist in the execution of Sensory Alley for First Friday events
- Responsible for duties outside of this job description that will be assigned by the Market Manager, Operations Director or Executive Director
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a passionate, fast-moving team.
- Knowledge of or interest in local agriculture, sustainability, and community engagement.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, social media platforms).
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules. May be required to work some evenings, weekends, or select holidays.
- Ability to work in our Downtown Bentonville office during work hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent; further education in event management, marketing, or related field is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be over 18 years old, a licensed driver, and must be able to or willing to learn how to drive a box truck.
- Must be able to work outdoors 40% of time in varying weather
- Required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms and travel by auto.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee sight requirements include close and distance vision.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a fast-paced community-focused organization.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply:
To be considered for this role, please send an email to email@example.com with your PDF resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile, along with a short paragraph explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Please Note: To ensure a fair and efficient hiring process, we request that you do not send follow-up emails to this address. If your qualifications match our needs, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Commitment to Equality:
Downtown Bentonville Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to fostering a positive and supportive environment for all employees.