Interested in joining our team? Keep reading!
Job Title: Market Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
About DBI: Downtown Bentonville Inc. works to promote community and enhance the Downtown Bentonville experience for everyone.
Responsible for the planning and execution of all DBI Market Events: Saturday Farmers Market, Art Market, Thursday Farmers Market, Virtual Farmers Market, Market @ Record, and Farm Dinner Series. This position is responsible for building vendor and community relationships, managing program budgets, utilizing creative marketing, and enhancing the outdoor event experience.
Saturday Farmers Market: April - October 7:30am-1:00pm
Art Market: April-October 7:30am-1:00pm
Thursday Farmers Market: May-September 5pm-8pm
Virtual Farmers Market: Year Round (Thursdays) 4pm-6pm
Market @ Record: December-March 9am-noon.
Farm Dinners: TBD
This is a list of primary responsibilities but is not exhaustive. The Market Manager must be flexible and is required to assist with other DBI events as needed.
● Execute the Market in accordance with DBI's strategic plan
● Lead Farmers Market Vendor Meeting
● Identify potential Farmers Market Sponsors
● Assign stall space to qualified farmers and vendors and maintain optimal market maps
● Manage the setup and teardown for Market Events.
● Keeps box truck and pick-up truck organized and clean
● Farmers Market equipment is cataloged, maintained, and replaced if broken
● Process vendor applicants and notify of acceptances (or non-acceptance)
● Inspect that all products at the farmers market are reflective of the vendor’s application. All products must be approved by the Market Manager.
● Track vendor attendance
● Develop and enforce market compliance guidelines
● Record instances of non-compliance and follow up with vendors or escalate issues as necessary
● Keep vendors informed of market updates and special events
● Conduct farm visits throughout the season to ensure compliance with market guidelines
Programs & Promotion
● Manage and operate WIC, SFMNP, and SNAP market programs
● Execute innovative programs and partnerships that enhance the market experience and drive increased sales such as chef demos, Yarnell’s Freezefest, Dog Days (in conjunction with the Special Events Manager)
● Coordinate sponsor driven events with Special Events Manager
● Record all petty cash transactions for snap, EBT, and market promotions
● Track vendor commission and booth fee payments for all Market events
● Work with Communications Director and Social Media Director to best advertise the Farmers Markets and related activities
● Audit website to reflect events (dates, times, locations are all correct)
● Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field or Associate’s Degree from accredited college
● 2+ years applicable work experience and interest / experience in agriculture, horticulture etc.
● Exemplary communication, written, and interpersonal skills
● Flexible, positive attitude with a skill for finding win-win solutions
● Valid U.S. Driver’s License
● Ability to drive the DBI box truck and pick-up truck
● Ability to adhere to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job:
● Employee is able to lift up to 50 lbs.
● Work outdoors 40% of time in varying weather and regularly required to sit and talk and hear.
● Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and travel by auto.
● Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
● Employee may occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
● Employee sight requirements include close and distance vision.